View Mobile Site

Key to learning

New Jackson School dedicated

Posted: October 22, 2010 1:41 p.m.
Updated: October 25, 2010 5:00 a.m.
/

Moseley Architects representative Jimmy Wilhide presents Jackson School Principal Gerald Gary (second from right) with a ceremonial key to the new facility at the school’s recent dedication. Looking on are (from left) Kershaw County School District Superintendent Frank Morgan; Kershaw County Board of School Trustees members Andy James, Kim DuRant, Mara Jones and Joey Dorton; and S.C. Law Enforcement Division Director Reggie Lloyd, who served as the speaker for the ceremony. Jackson is the county’s first school built to pursue Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. LEED-certified buildings are awarded points based on environmentally-friendly components of the building. Features at Jackson help to conserve water, use solar energy, provide natural light, protect the air quality and recycle materials. The new school -- located at 1730 Jefferson Davis Highway in Camden -- is 81,211 square feet and built to serve 550 students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade.

Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2018 Chronicle Independent All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...