View Mobile Site

Camden man arrested for attempted murder, more

Posted: March 1, 2015 2:53 p.m.
Updated: March 2, 2015 1:00 a.m.

Timmy Deandre Bennett

A Camden man is behind bars, charged with two counts of attempted murder, three counts of pointing and presenting a firearm and one count of breach of trust. Timmy Deandre Bennett, 21, of Knights Hill Road, Camden, turned himself in to the Camden Police Department (CPD) on Wednesday.

A CPD report, listed Bennett as a suspect in a series of incidents which took place Feb. 21. According to the report, officers responded to a call of gunshots on Market Street. There, a woman said a man shot at her and her aunt while they were inside a vehicle in the yard of the home. She told police he was in a black vehicle and stood up through the sunroof in order to shoot at them.

According to the report, the two women then drove through the area hoping to read the tag number for what turned out to be Bennett’s vehicle. As they headed back to the Market Street address, Bennett began following them and he stood up again through the sunroof to fire. The women determined his car was a Nissan Maxima, obtained the tag number and gave it to police, according to the report.

The woman said a man thought to be Bennett had been to her son’s job at a Camden retail store and pointed a gun at her son. A “be on the lookout” alert was put out for the Nissan and CPD investigators converged on the shooting scene. According to the report, officers found bullet holes and bullet fragments in the victim’s car, along with a shattered window and a flat tire. Officers also found empty 32-cal. shell casings in the street. All evidence was photographed and collected.

The CPD placed Bennett and the Nissan’s information into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), but cleared Bennett from NCIC following his arrest Wednesday. The CPD cleared the Nissan on Thursday, according to the report.

CPD Capt. Mike Stone said Bennett turned himself in after feeling pressure from the police.

“Everywhere he went, we were there and he just finally gave up,” Stone said Friday.


Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

Contents of this site are © Copyright 2018 Chronicle Independent All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...