View Mobile Site

The old kitchen house

Posted: August 26, 2011 2:54 p.m.
Updated: August 29, 2011 5:00 a.m.

Among many in town, the old kitchen house of Bloomsbury, c 1849, was severely damaged during the April storms. A 105-inch circumference White Oak fell on the roof. The oak broke through the roof and destroyed the upper one-third of the cooking chimney. With the significant damage limited to the old kitchen house, the major impact was the deletion of open fire/family cooking. If not the storm, the summer heat would have temporarily halted open fire cooking until fall.

With the restoration of the old kitchen drawing to a close, we want to compliment the city of Camden and many local contractors/artisans for the great work they have done. From day one, the city inspector and staff members were instrumental in the quick recovery of the old kitchen. From permits to advice, their assistance made quick work of some very critical steps for all involved. When a particular “how” question arose and our plan was not the right or best way to proceed, Johnny Burns made suggestions that proved to be invaluable. We want to thank the contractors for their amazing work to restore a piece of history. We are pleased to salute all these contractors and the city of Camden.


Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

Contents of this site are © Copyright 2016 Chronicle Independent All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...