BREAKING
Lee County 7 1 20
Full Story
By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Smoldering light
Archives Fire
Camden firefighters check out the remains of an external light fixture at the entrance to the Camden Archives and Museum around mid-morning Wednesday. Archives Director Katherine Richardson said the fixture -- likely a 1915 original that hadn’t been turned on in years -- was likely turned on by an electrician who had been changing light bulbs the day before. “There’s been a bird’s nest made of pine straw in it and we think it smoldered all night until it caught the wooden panel above the door,” Richardson said.

Log In To Read

Subscribe to access more great content!