Once again, Camden High School (CHS) and its school improvement council are seeking nominations for its Hall of Fame. The deadline to submit names for the 2019 class of Hall of Fame members is Aug. 31. A recognition dinner will be held Nov. 7.
The Hall of Fame honors CHS alumni whose accomplishments, deeds and character exemplify outstanding achievement in their life’s work and/or service to the community. It may also honor individuals who did not graduate from CHS, but who have significantly and consistently contributed to the school’s work and mission. Graduates of Jackson High School may also be nominated to the Hall of Fame. All nominations are confidential.
To be eligible for the CHS Hall of Fame:
• If the nominee is a CHS alumnus, they must have graduated from the school at least five years prior to the nomination.
• The nominee must have a special achievement(s) in their area of specialty (i.e., business, education, law, medicine, athletics, arts/entertainment, humanitarian/service, etc.) and/or received honors, awards, or other recognition on a location, regional, national or international level.
• The nominee must have demonstrated outstanding and significant leadership, character and service to their community.
• The nominee must have rendered valuable service to CHS, its students, faculty or mission in a meaningful and significant manner.
• Nominations may be made posthumously.
Those submitting nominations should keep CHS’s mission in mind: “…to graduate students who are confident, competent, and responsible citizens by creating a positive school environment where staff, parents and the community form an alliance to provide effective educational experiences in order for students to reach their maximum potential in an ever-changing global society.”
All nominations must be submitted and postmarked by the deadline, Aug. 31, and addressed to Mr. Daniel Matthews, Camden High School, 1022 Ehrenclou Drive, Camden, SC 29020. Nominations may also be emailed to email@example.com.