The Kershaw County Board of School Trustees will meet again tonight, one week after its annual daytime organizational meeting where the Rev. Dr. James P. Smith, pastor of St. Paul United Methodist Church was elected chairman.
On tonight’s agenda:
• The Kershaw Baptist Association will present a donation to the district.
• Kershaw County School District Superintendent Dr. Frank Morgan and CFO Donnie Wilson will lead a discussion on preparations to begin crafting the district’s Fiscal Year 2019 budget. According to the presentation attached to tonight’s agenda, the budget process may be changed due to the possibility of a growth funding formula developed with the county, creating balanced/needs-based proposals, developing a two-year budget, involving school improvement councils and creating a simplified version of the budget.
• There will be an update on referendum-related construction projects.
• Trustees will discuss the possible naming of the new Applied Education Technology Campus being built near I-20 Exit 98.
• Trustees will also enter executive session to discuss undisclosed employment matters.
The meeting will start at 6:30 p.m., rather than its regular 6 p.m. time due to a Kershaw County Teacher Forum board appreciation function at 5:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the district’s board room, 2029 West DeKalb St., Camden, and is open to the public.