By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
Submit paperwork if you need continued post-flood rental aid
Placeholder Image
South Carolina flood survivors who have a continued need for temporary housing assistance must complete and submit paperwork demonstrating a disaster-related and financial need. Applicants need to submit several documents each time they want to ask the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agenca (FEMA) for continued temporary housing assistance, including: • a completed form which came with the continued temporary housing assistance letter; • a copy of their lease; • receipts showing proper use of previous rental assistance; • current household income status; and • any household financial obligations. FEMA encourages applicants to develop permanent housing plans while living in temporary housing.