The Boy Scouts of Wateree District recently held their annual Awards Banquets, hosted by Lyttletton St. UMC. The district awards went to:
•Unit Volunteer of the Year -- Chris Cook, Pack 303, Stacy Lewis, Pack 348, Sterling Connell, Troop 901, Bill Wagers, Troop 303 and Karen Barton, Troop 327;
• Scouting Families of the Year -- Jay McConnell, Crew 316, Hemmingway Family, Troop 316 and the Lawson Family, Troop 303;
• Charter Organization Of the Year -- L.D.S. Ridgeway Ward, Unit 78;
• Den Leader of the Year -- Kayte Haydenshield, Pack 316;
•Post Advisor of the Year -- Chris DeLong, Post 379 and the Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office;
• Crew Advisor of the Year -- Jason DeMeator, 316;
• Assistant Cubmaster of the Year -- Chris Anderson, Pack 303;
• Cubmaster of the Year -- Norman Gullard, Pack 303;
• Assistant Scoutmaster of the Year -- Roy Cummings, Troop 303 and Billy Preston, Troop 316;
• Scoutmaster of the Year -- David Riddle, Troop 901;
• Scouter of the Year -- Mike Cook;
•District Award Merit -- Joanne Sanders.
The District Award of Merit is the Highest Award given to a leader on a District level for outstanding work in the District.
Kevin Rhodes, Scoutmaster, Troop 316 received the Silver Beaver Award.
This Award is given to a scout for outstanding work on a council level.
Rusty Majors announced a New Eagle Scout Award for the District, the Bill Majors Eagle Scout Award for a scout who has earned his Eagle Award, which is the highest rank a scout can earn.
Matthew Presson of Troop 316 received the award.