The King Haiglar Garden Club meets Monday at 3 p.m. at the home of Julie Trott, 1711 Fair Street, Camden. Julie will host, assisted by co-hosts Ellen Vaughn and Mary Acken.
The arrangement theme for March is "Garden Art as a Container", such as using a painted, decorative garden pot. Members are encouraged to display horticulture specimens from their gardens for judging. Specimens and arrangements should be in place by 3 p.m. This month’s judges are Frances Hendrix, Betty Sue Webber, and Anne Hutchins. Garden maintenance volunteers for March are Carolyn McKittrick and Cathy Moss.
After social time, a program on garden art will be presented. A short business meeting will follow.
March Garden Tips:
• Time to plant bulbs such as gladiolas and dahlia
• Divide and/or move summer and fall blooming perennials
• Change oil in lawn mower, check spark plugs
and sharpen blades
• Fertilize camellias after they bloom
• Fertilize established roses and plants as new growth appears
• Wait for warm weather
Flower of the month: Jonquil
Critter of the month: Termite
Herb of the month: Curly Parsley
Vegetable of the month: Leeks
Fruit of the month: Tamarillo