The King Haiglar Garden Club will meet on Monday, at 3:30 pm. Margie Lane will host members and guests at 2301 Moultrie Road, Camden. Carol Meckstroth and Sandra Lease will provide delicious refreshments along with Margie.
The arrangement theme for March is “Let’s go to the Races.” Members should bring horticulture specimens from their gardens for everyone to enjoy. The specimens will be judged by Jan Tilford, Mary Nelle Gore, Carolyn Brown and Sandra Lease.
A wonderful and informative program on Principles of Design will be presented by Jane Hannon and Ellen Vaughan. Garden maintenance during March will be done by Marguerite Glasgow and Marietta Gordon. The club members plant and maintain container gardens at the main Camden post office, the Archives, and the county courthouse. A herb garden at the Fine Arts Center and a rose garden at the post office are also in place for everyone to enjoy!
March Garden Tips
1. Start seeds for herbs, flowers, and vegetables inside. Plant after last frost.
2. Change oil in lawnmower and sharpen blades.
3. Fertilize camellias after they bloom.
4. Plant perennial herbs.
5. Flower of the month: Daffodil
6. Herb of the month: Curly leaf parsley