Six Kershaw County farms, the Kershaw County Farmers Market and more than 20 artisans will be featured during the upcoming S.C. Ag + Art Tour, June 18 and 19.
The six farms include:
• Wil-Moore Farms in Lugoff -- a family farm business, takes pride in producing healthy, nutritious food that you can feel good about eating. Fresh eggs, pastured poultry, all-natural, lean grass-fed beef, and "Happy Farm Creamery" www.wil-moorefarms.com
• Goat Daddy’s Farm in Elgin -- located on 25 beautifully wooded acres, raising Heritage breed Chickens, Turkeys and Guineas. In addition to the namesake Nigerian Dwarf Goats, Goat Daddy’s offer farm tours and access to over a mile of walking (www.facebook.com/goatdaddys/).
• Boykin Mill Farms, Boykin -- more town than farm site, you are welcome to enjoy the beauty, history, hospitality, food and fun of a unique and charming little crossroads community (www.boykinmillfarms.com).
• Old McCaskill’s Farm in Rembert -- At Old McCaskill’s Farm there is always something going on! From daily chores, feeding the animals, and preparing farm-to-table meals (www.oldmccaskillfarm.com).
• Pear Tree Farms in Rembert -- Lita Wangensteen’s equestrian farm where horses are trained.
• Seldom Rest Farm in northern Kershaw County -- a grass-fed beef operation near the town of Kershaw (www.seldomrestfarmsc.com).
"We’ll be announcing more information soon about all the artisans participating in our Kershaw County tour," Kershaw County Ag + Art Tour Chairman Wayne Belger said. "During this event, visitors will see first-hand where their food comes from, watch artists in action, purchase something special and learn more about rural life. They will be provided with a complete tour map which includes information on artisands and events at each site."
The farm tour sites will be open, free of charge, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. June 18 and 1 to 5 p.m. June 19.
Artisans who wish to be involved can contact Debra Gregory, Kershaw County Ag + Art Tour artisan chairperson, at email@example.com.
For farm information, contact Belger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to Kershaw County, the 2016 tour will include Chester, Chesterfield, Fairfield, Horry, Lancaster, Union and York counties, with different counties participating each weekend. For more information, visit www.agandarttour.com.