The 85th running of the Carolina Cup Steeplechase Races will be contested at the Springdale Race Course in Camden on Saturday, March 30.
The day’s first race will meet the starter’s flag at 1:30 p.m. Races will be run every 40 minutes. The gates to the course will open at 9 a.m. The races will be held rain or shine.
Here are the available ticket and reserved parking options for the Carolina Cup races. (Note: In all instances, please contact the Carolina Cup office to inquire as to the availability of tickets and parking spaces.)
General admission tickets: $45 and will be on sale at all gates to the race course on Saturday.
(Note: Children under the age of 12 will be admitted to the races free of charge, if accompanied by an adult ticket-holder.)
General parking: $10 per vehicle
Infield parking: Row B: $200; Row C: 175; includes one parking credential and two general admission tickets. (Rows A, D, E and F are sold out)
Front Row: Spaces 1-30: $225; Spaces 31-233: $325; Spaces 234-297: $225; includes a parking credential for and two general admission tickets
South, West and East Rail(s): $175 per parking space; includes parking credential and two general admission tickets
Restricted parking: $250 per space, which is large enough to accommodate one motor coach per space along with two general admission tickets
Grandstand Box: $600 per box. The cost for six seats in the box includes premier seating at the finish line and two grandstand parking tags.
Grandstand Box Seat: $100 per seat; includes one grandstand parking pass.
Turf Club: $150 per person; Open to box holders only, the Turf Club offers a luncheon catered by Aberdeen Catery of Camden, an open bar and reserved tables. Children over the age of 13 will be admitted with proper credentials.
Post and Paddock Tent: $100 per person. Post and Paddock guests will be served lunch between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and will have access to an open bar.
Here is other pertinent information regarding Saturday’s Carolina Cup Races:
• Hard tickets have been streamlined and will have a bar code on them. Those patrons who had tickets sent to their iPhones will also be able to have their phones with the ticket app scanned for admittance.
• Tickets will be on sale Saturday at all gates for $45 and, cash works best. No tickets will be sold from the race office on Saturday. Tickets may also be purchased at www.carolina-cup.org . Go to the Ticket icon, select “print at home” option. The ticket, which will be sent to your e-mail, will have a bar code on it, which the gate workers --- members of the Camden Jaycees --- will be able to scan to allow you onto the race course.
• There will be signs directing patrons to the proper gates.
• The Will Call tent, located outside the National Steeplechase Museum on Knights Hill Rd., will be open Saturday from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. Carolina Cup race officials strongly encourage people to call the office (432-6513) before Saturday to pick up their credentials since Will Call is always very busy.
• Gate workers will be positioned about 100 feet off the road at every gate to help get the cars onto the race course. The Jaycees’ will scan the bar codes off race tickets and off iPhones to help shuttle cars through.
• There will be a “perimeter fence” and every patron passing through will have to have a ticket in order to get into the event. Once you are on the perimeter of the race course, you can go back out to your car.
• Every person whose ticket gets scanned will be given a small credential to signify their tickets have been scanned and they are allowed to be on the property.
(For further information, please call the Carolina Cup office at 432-6513 or visit online at www.carolina-cup.org.)