The officers and members of the Liberty Hill Civic and Improvement Association (LHCIA) are delighted to report that the fundraising event held on October 27 was a complete success. The event coincided with the Community Center building’s 75th anniversary. The building, located just off highway 97 in Liberty Hill, was built under the Works Progress Administration in 1937 with help from the Citizens of Liberty Hill Committee: Chairman John G. Richards (former governor of South Carolina), C.D. Cunningham, L.P. Thompson, H.L. Higgins, E.L. Jones and W.L. Cunningham -- all prominent citizens of the community at that time.